Medical Assistant Diploma
Are you looking to enter a growing field that allows you to assist others in need? Career Learning Institute offers in-depth training to help prepare you to pursue a fulfilling career as a Medical Assistant. With advances in medicine helping people live longer, the elderly population is growing, creating more employment opportunities within the healthcare arena. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Medical Assistant employment is expected to increase 31 percent nationally between 2010 and 2020. This is your opportunity to train for a rewarding career in one of the nation’s fastest-growing job markets and enjoy the satisfaction of helping people when they need it most.*
Upon successful completion of this 30 quarter hour (680 total clock hours) program, students will be prepared for employment as office clerks in medical facilities and as examining room assistants in physicians’ offices.
The Medical Assisting program is meant for students who wish to learn the skills and administrative requirements of a medical assistant in the various healthcare work places. The emphasis in this course is on patient-oriented skills. The course covers learning objectives such as: front office administration, patient interactions and procedures, back office procedures, tests, and skills. The program requires a minimum of 30 credits to complete.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Be at least 17 years and 11 months of age
- Have signed permission from a parent or guardian if under the age of 18
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or can successfully pass a basic skills test with a minimum verbal score of 70% and minimum math score of 70%
- Participate in a personal interview with a Career Learning Institute Admissions Representative
- Submit a signed enrollment agreement
- Submit a medical report attesting to good health. This report may be used when applying for Home Health Aide positions. There may be a fee for this report.
- Complete an approved 4-Hour AIDS seminar (provided by Awareness Through Education Inc. - Florida Board of Nursing Provider #3085)
- Complete a CPR certification (provided onsite by an American Heart Association certified instructor)
For more information about our Medical Assistant Diploma program, contact us today.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Handbook, 2012-2013 Edition.